Pontoon boats are a popular option for many people but, until now, cleaning and protecting the actual metal pontoons was a challenge for most owners.
Glidecoat Pontoon is a hybrid sol-gel coating that molecularly bonds to the surface. It is meant to be applied directly to metal (iron alloy, galvanized steel, phosphated steel, stainless steel, and aluminum). As a direct-metal sol-gel based anti-corrosion coating, Glidecoat Pontoon can also be used as a micrometer-thin primer under conventional organic coatings. This means it can be overcoated by various paints, though it fits best with epoxy primer and polyurethane topcoat systems.
Long-lasting and easy to apply, Glidecoat Pontoon is an excellent choice to keep your pontoon boat looking great for years!
- • Over 2000 hours resistance to damage caused by sunlight, rain and dew – Results from QUV Accelerated Weather Testing
- • Over 1000 hours of saltspray resistance – Tested using Neutral Salt Spray (NSS) using ISO 9227 standards testing.
- • Over 1000 hours weather resistance – SAE J2304 standards testing.
- • Creates a hydrophobic surface with a water contact angle of 90 degrees (CAH20=90).
- • Provides superior protection – 4-5H Hardness equal to that of Steel
- • Good overcoatability with Epoxies
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED WITH ALL GLIDECOAT PRODUCTS.
There are no reviews yet.