Prop Optimizer leverages nano-technology to create a ceramic coating, which at the molecular level, has the ability to fill all the microscopic pores, nicks, scratches, and grooves in your propeller. This equates to a smooth surface coating that barnacles and other marine organisms cannot attach themselves to, keeping your propeller and shafts clean and free of marine growth.
Unlike other anti-fouling products, Prop Optimizer is a hard coating (9H on the Mohs Scale of Harness) that does not use any silicone or wax based ingredients. This creates a durable barrier which in addition to protecting the metal from growth, it can stand up to the harsh marine environment and turbulence which would normally blast off traditional anti-fouling products.
Prop Optimizer provides multiple seasons of protection that does not have to be completely removed before a second application. This reduces the wear and tear on your propeller and running gear.
- • Eliminates marine growth even while the propeller is not moving
- • Totally green product – absolutely no dangerous chemical biocides or toxins used
- • Improves performance and fuel efficiency
- • Helps reduce drag and resistance
- • Lasts multiple seasons depending on location, in both fresh and salt water
- • Works with all types of propellers – Stainless Steel, Bronze, Nibral, etc.
- • Not impacted by galvanic corrosion – unlike competitive products
- • Ability to re-coat without removing previous applications
- • Hard coating which extends the life of your propeller – 9H in hardness on Mohs Scale of Hardness
- • Can be applied to all running gear, underwater lights, lenses and thru-hull fittings
- • Less than 1 micron thick to prevent performance loss and balancing issues.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED WITH ALL GLIDECOAT PRODUCTS.
We recommend a minimum of 3 coats applied to the entire prop. More coats may be applied, but a minimum of 3 coats should be applied to achieve the desired results. The following table serves as a reference when choosing the required size of Prop Optimizer based on the prop size and quantity.
|SIZE||# OF PROPS||PROP SIZE (CM)||PROP SIZE (IN)||# OF BLADES|
|50ml||1||90 – 120||36 – 48||5 – 6|
|80ml||1||90 – 120||36 – 48||6 – 7|
|50ml||2||45 – 60||18 – 24||3 – 4|
|80ml||2||60 – 90||24 – 36||4 – 5|
|120ml||2||90 – 120||36 – 48||5 – 6|
|120ml + 30ml||2||90 – 120||36 – 48||6 – 7|