Can Bus Failure with lots of DTC codes
2010 Ferrari 458
Electrical IssueMiles: 43,000 Date of First Occurrence (D/M/Y): 30/09/2021 DTC Codes (if any): P0491, P0477, 27071676, P1462, 27071677, C1313, U1601, U1712, U1701, U1711, C1300, P0A20, B1908, U1313, U1213, 270ad99b, B1017, P010E, U1706, U1701, 3733d719, U1700 Parts List:
Using a Launch X431 to diagnose the errors was helpful - Launch X431 on AmazonApproximate Cost to Fix:
Description of Issue:
While driving the 458, I would get sporadic computer failures with a significant number of DTC codes. This would occur seemingly at random intervals, and not consistently on every drive. When the computers would fail, I would see a lot of error messages on the screen indicating the Parking Brake failed, ABS failed, Manettino Failure (would default to wet mode), E-Diff failure, and many other failures. Because the ABS would shut down, the brake pedal became softer. And because the manettino was set to wet mode and the active suspension was turned off, the car felt very soft and squishy.
- P0491 Secondary Air Injection System Insufficient Flow - Low input (Min)
- P0477 Exhaust By-Pass Valve (Low Input)
- 27071676 Please Refer to Manual!
- P1462 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve - Low Input (Min)
- 27071677 Please Refer to Manual!
- C1313 NPB Signal Error
- U1601 CAN-Bus
- U1712 Steering Angle Sensor Absent
- U1701 NCM
- U1711 NCR
- C1300 NBC Data Error No Symptom
- P0A20 No CAN Message (Status_B-NCM)(0281H)
- B1908 In Car Temperature Sensor
- U1313 Invalid Message From ESP CAN Line - Check for Presence of CAN Messages ASR1 and ASR4 Health of Message ASR4
- U1213 CAN Bus ESP Module - Invalid Signal - Check For Plausibility of Signals in CAN Messages ASR1 and ASR4 from ESP
- 270ad99b Please Refer to Manual!
- B1017 Mirror Defroster Actuation
- P010E Manettino Error
- U1706 NFR Node Error
- U1701 NCM CAN Error
- 3733d719 Please Refer to Manual!
- U1700 Lost Communication with NBC
Resolution if Known:
As it turns out we had recently taken out the intake manifold and valve covers to have them repainted. When reinstalling them, we must not have tightened one of the ground wires enough, which cause the Can Bus to have massive failures and thus shut down multiple systems. After tightening the ground wire, the problems went away.
See the video in which I discuss this here: https://youtu.be/Kw0zDkpLAqA
458 Sketch T-Shirt$24.99 – $27.49
Capristo Ferrari 458 Carbon Fiber Front Canards$3,100.00
Capristo Ferrari 458 Carbon Fiber Air Box$2,800.00
Capristo Ferrari 458 Spider Carbon Fiber Engine Bay Panels$2,400.00