F8 OWNERS PLEASE NOTE:
We have reports of 1 installation in Australia in which the dealership claimed the installation resulted in a check engine light. We have many other installations in which there are no CELs. Out of an abundance of caution, if you install this on a F8 and do get a CEL, we will gladly refund you the full cost of the controller, however we cannot refund you the installation costs. Thank you for understanding.
The Model B4-FP controller is a 2-way exhaust controller that is designed for installation in extreme environments as one would encounter in the engine bay of high performance sports cars.
Although similar to the Model B4, the B4-FP is specifically designed for use in motor cars such as the Ferrari 488 Pista and other motor cars with very sensitive vacuum control technologies. The Model B4-FP installation kit includes two additional vacuum control valves so that the electrical circuit for the controller is completely separate from the circuit controlling the existing vacuum control valves. This design allow control of the exhaust bypass valves without any error conditions or trouble codes. And, as is the case with the Model B4, you can choose the Normal or Always Open mode at vehicle start.
The Forza Model B4-FP Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller provides two different operational modes — both modes can be selected using the included remote transmitter or a manual On/Off switch.
- Normal Mode: In this mode, the vehicle controls the operation of the exhaust bypass valves. This is the stock operation. You can choose this as your start-up mode.
- Always Open: Selecting this mode will force the exhaust bypass valves to the open position — and remain open. When the valves are Always Open, you have the full experience of hearing your engine exhaust at any time. You can also choose as your start-up mode.
Plug-and-Play 100% Reversible
The kit is completely plug-and-play. Power for the controller comes from the vehicle’s fuse box. No wiring modifications are required because the kit includes connector cables for included Pierburg vacuum control valves and a fuse tap for the power connection. Since no modifications are required to install, if you ever want to remove the controller, the installation is 100% reversible.
Start-up option user configurable for Always Open or Normal Mode (ECU Control).
Simplified installation is straight forward. The smaller size makes it easier to find a suitable location to install the controller, locate and secure the new Pierburg vacuum control valves, route the vacuum tubing and connect the included cables. Once installation is complete, you use one button on your remote transmitter to open the exhaust bypass valves and the other button to close the valves and return control to the car. And, you also have the ability to configure a manual on/off switch that you can mount inside your vehicle.
Ferrari 488 Pista and other selected vehicles.
- Controller module with two remotes. Extra remotes available
- Connection cables. Kit includes two 120 cm cables and one 120 cm extension cable.
- Fuse tap and fuse
- Two Pierburg vacuum control valves
- Silicone rubber vacuum tubing
- Stainless steel cable ties
- Two strips 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fasteners
- Full installation instructions
- Completely self contained controller box
- New Pierburg vacuum control valves are same valves used by Ferrari, Maserati, Audi, McLaren, Porsche and others. Kit includes silicone vacuum tubing for connecting new Pierburg valves.
- User configuration to use either the remote control key fob or use a manual on/off switch
- Approved by FCC, CE and all international governing bodies
- All internal components integrated on Printed Circuit Board for higher reliability
- No Check Engine Lights (CEL) or Diagnostic Test Codes (DTC)
- Cables assembled using water and oil resistant flexible cord – 18 AWG stranded Class K copper conductors per ASTM B-174.
- Cables are rated SJEEOW for severe outdoor service with TPE insulation rated to 105° C. Type SJEOOW cords are ideal for flex applications in harsh high temperature environments where highest degree for water and oil resistance and extended service life are essential.
- All electrical cables use weatherproof connectors
- High-gain external antenna for improved remote control performance
- Kit includes full installation instructions
- Kit includes two remote control transmitters additional transmitters available.
- Remote control can be programmed to newer versions of HomeLink (version 5 and higher) that is integrated into many cars. Older versions of HomeLink (earlier than 2013) will not support the 433MHz frequency of the remote transmitter used by Forza.