At Glidecoat we continue to develop products in response to feedback from our customers. A common issue for many boaters is diesel exhaust adhering to the transom or hull areas. This combination of diesel fuel and carbon black is sticky in nature, so it will adhere to any surface, even those coated with a ceramic coating. Granted, it is easier to remove from a ceramic coating than gel coat, paint or wax, but in order to remove it, most owners or crew use harsh chemicals ultimately damaging the surface and/or the ceramic coating.
Glidecoat Exhaust can be applied as a topcoat to a ceramic coating. It is oleophobic (resistant to oil) and hydrophilic which causes water to sheet off, thereby helping to clean the surface. It also uses a photocatalytic self-cleaning process. Once applied, the area can be easily cleaned, using soapy water and a light washcloth.
- • Coated area becomes a self-cleaning surface which uses exposure to natural light to chemically break down dirt and other contaminants
- • Oleophobic (Oil Repellent) surface
- • Creates an extremely hydrophilic surface which aids in self-cleaning by sheeting water that carries away dirt and contaminates
- • Reduces exhaust staining & black streaks
- • Easy maintenance – Exhaust area can be easily cleaned using soapy water and a washcloth
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED WITH ALL GLIDECOAT PRODUCTS.